MINOR INJURY UNIT OPENING TIMES
New opening hours of 8am to 8pm will come into effect at Derbyshire’s Minor Injury Units (MIUs) from Monday 2 July.
The change is being made due to very low levels of activity seen after 8pm, and to ensure MIU staffing capacity can be concentrated at busier times to enable people to be seen and treated more quickly.
MIUs across Derbyshire are making this change so all local services are used as efficiently as possible and we get the best use out of the county’s NHS resources.
After 8pm patients can visit:
• NHS Choices at www.nhs.uk
• The nearest out of hours pharmacist
• Or call 111 for advice, or referral to support from an out of hours doctor or urgent care services if this is necessary.
MIUs will still support patients between 8am and 8pm with the following:
• Wound infections and management
• Insect and animal bites
• Injuries to the back, shoulder and chest.
- who we are, how we use your information and how to contact our Data Protection Officer
- what kind of personal information we process
- what are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)
- what you should do if your personal information changes
- for how long your personal information is retained by us
Buxton Health Hub
It is important to note that whilst some recent newspaper articles have suggested that the 3 GP practices in Buxton WILL be involved in the project for the former Buxton Water site, nothing has been confirmed as yet and discussions are at a very early stage. The involvement of Stewart Medical Centre will be dependent on a number of factors and we will of course keep our patients up to date with any news.
We are on Facebook
Visit us on Facebook
Closed for training
All surgeries across North Derbyshire close one afternoon per month for staff training and development. The Stewart Medical Centre will be closed from lunchtime on the following dates in 2018:
Wednesday March 14th
Wednesday April 11th
Wednesday May 9th
Wednesday June 13th
Wednesday July 11th
Wednesday September 12th
Wednesday October 10th
Wednesday November 14th
If you require medical assistance when we are closed, you can do this by calling 111 or the surgery number, 01298 22338 where you will be transferred to the out of hours service.