Test & Results
Blood test clinics are by appointment. Please book online or phone 01298 22338 for an appointment.
Please remember to take your blood test form with you to your appointment as the test can not be done without it.
Blood test clinics are available at the following times:
|Monday||Cavendish Hospital||Cavendish Hospital|
|Tuesday||Cavendish Hospital||Cavendish Hospital|
|Wednesday||Cavendish Hospital||Cavendish Hospital & Buxton Cottage Hospital|
|Thursday||Cavendish Hospital||Cavendish Hospital|
|Friday||Cavendish Hospital||Buxton Cottage Hospital|
When blood tests or other tests are requested as part of your treatment, we will contact you by text message, post or telephone if any follow up action is necessary. For this reason, please make sure we have current contact details on record. Please allow at least a week for results to get to us and for a GP to review them. You are welcome to call us if you have not received a letter but want to check the results.
Results Of Tests And Investigations
When blood tests or other tests are requested as part of your treatment, we will contact you by post or telephone if any follow up action is necessary. For this reason, please make sure we have current contact details on record. Please allow at least a week for results to get to us and for a GP to review them.
If you do phone for the result of a test, we would ask you to do this after 12 noon where possible. This allows time for the incoming results and letters for that day to be scanned into your records and then checked by your doctor.
Some test results take longer than a week to come back to us, or are sent directly to the patient. These are:
- X-Ray: Up to 4-6 weeks to be sent back to your GP
- Ultrasound and MRI scans: Advised by radiographer
- Smear test: 6 weeks or more. By post directly to patient
- Mammogram: Up to 4 weeks. By post directly to patient
- Retinal screening: 2-4 weeks. By post directly to patient
- Hospital tests: Results go back to the consultant who decides whether to write directly to the patient, wait to discuss at their next clinic appointment, or sometimes to send the result to the surgery for information. To follow up tests done in the hospital, it is always best to contact the consultant's secretary in the first instance.
Please note that you can access the results of most of these tests yourself online.
Book a blood test appointment and view your results online
If you are already resgistered for Online Access, you can book blood test appointments and view most test results online. Visit our Online Access page for details of how to register for these services.
Urine and Stool Samples
As part of your holistic care, your GP or Nurse may ask you to bring a urine or stool sample to the Practice. We can only accept samples that have been requested by a clinician.
Urine and stool sample pots are available from reception. Please ensure that you clearly label your sample with the following:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- NHS number (this can be found on your sample form or can be provided by a receptionist upon request)
Stool samples also need to be marked with the date and time of sample.
Unlabelled or incorrectly labelled samples will be discarded by the lab.
Samples need to be handed into reception by 2:30pm each day in order to be collected and taken to the lab. Samples will not be accepted after this time as they cannot be tested after being stored overnight.